Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Hello Autumn

Can't believe it is almost Halloween.  It's been quite mild weather-wise.  I've been quite comfortable wearing a hand knitted jumper with a hoodie and/or a raincoat.  I am living in Ireland now 20 years and I have only started wearing raincoats and waterproof, sensible walking boats.  Nothing like toasty toes in hand knitted socks (that are kept dry in proper boots) and a wool hand knitted jumper to give proper insulation.  I know my definition of luxury differs to many.

I love Autumn.  It is my second favourite season.  I love the colours of Fall.  I love eating different foods for each season.  I just had some turnip and roasted carrots and parsnips for part of my dinner.  I couldn't help but think about how Autumnal my plate looked.  Bring on the Brussel Sprouts!  Summer is probably my favourite time of the year.  Winter is my third favourite season .  Spring is nice but more often than not it is contrary.  October and March tend to be wild cards, either warm or snowing.


The photos are of some items in the shop- https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/EllieAndAda?ref=si_shopThey are beautifully photographed by my mother.  After I finish this blog post I am going to knit my Nepal jumper.  My friend, Rachel and I are having a knit along and she has the body done.  I'm playing catch up.  John has the Omega Man on, we're 30 minutes in and he has fallen asleep.  Usually, it is me.





Summer makes me drowsy.  
Autumn makes me sing.
Winter's pretty lousy, but I hate Spring
- Dorothy Parker 

No comments:

Post a Comment