Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Weekend Sewing












I have been sewing at the weekend.  It is great fun.  Since, I work from home, it makes the weekend feel like a weekend for me.  Also it gives me great satisfaction using up material that I have had for too long and to hone my skills.  I am much better at knitting than sewing and I have so much to learn.  I am enjoying making things that are useful.  I love being creative and practical.

I get a great kick out of making things and it actually gives me a lot of energy because I am so excited.  I think for the moment, it is such a novelty to start a project and finish it in the same day.  This is because I am from a printing and knitting background.  Both processes can take a lot of time.  Especially knitting!!!  It have been fun using what I have sewn.  I love making little homes for my knitting projects and all my drawing materials.

It also has been enjoyable to dye fabric.  There was a couple of years there that I dyed yarn and fibre and sold it online, in my LHogan shop and in Dublin's This is Knit shop.  I still do this from time to time for myself and perhaps one day there will be a shop section in the Ellie and Ada shop that will stock hand dyed yarns.  Dyeing fabric has been wonderful and it is so exciting to see what the fabric looks like when finished.

I was almost too embarrassed to show my projects.  It is hobby sewing.  John encouraged me to share.  Maybe I will be able to document my progress.  The pictures are from two weekends of sewing.  It was the first time I ever did recessed zippers.  It wasn't easy for me.  I learnt a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. You really did a great job sewing the bags. KEEP ON SEWING!

    ReplyDelete