Monday 27 January 2014

Happy Belated New Year

Happy New Year!  I know it is a bit belated.  Hope that all had a great Christmas.  I enjoyed mine.

Good food, good company and a load of yarn to knit and I don't need much more.

I was great at keeping the old New Year's Resolutions at the beginning of the month but need to get more disciplined again.  I guess New Year's Resolutions are not just for January.  I have mixed feelings about January- There is a great feeling of renewal but it is also a tough month.  It is really grey, dark and cold.  I will try to make peace with it.

I have been sticking to some resolutions- I have been doing a bit of sewing at the weekends and have been enjoying it.  I said I would sew on a Saturday, getting fabric ready on a Friday night so I can just sew on Saturday.  I have been just making things for myself to organise things.  I will photograph other items that I made the week before.

I have been dreaming of a giant boxbag for so long.  I wanted to make a bigger project bag that would hold a sweater.  This one will definitely hold a 4 ply sweater project.  I got the fabric in Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland in a 2nd handshop.  It is a bed sheet.  I had the same print growing up.  I thought I would just use it to practice.

The small zip bag is made with hand dyed fabric, fabric that I dyed myself.  I don't know what I will use it for. At the moment, I have some pens and a notebook in it.

My mother made me a lovely bag that I must photograph.

The knitting is the mon-petit-gilet-raye .  I have been enjoying knitting it and am going to cast on another one right after I finish this one.






No comments:

Post a Comment