Thursday 7 August 2014

The Mountains




The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

The socks that I am working on at the moment.  I dyed them and really like the colourway, more autumnal colours.  I love autumnal colours.  I used to get more socks done.  I guess we all go through phases.  Looking forward to wearing these.






This is the cardigan I am working on. It's a mon-petit-gilet-raye cardigan.  It is my second one and I already started a second one.  The blue is some vintage silk merino from Jaeger yarns and the maroon and smoky colour is Rowan Kidsilk.  It is like a soft cloud of warm coziness.  I am going to make another cardigan with whatever is leftover.  Will have to add another yarn and colour to make up a second cardigan.

Looking forward to finishing a lot of projects.  Might just concentrate on getting them finished.  Though I have to do that scarf and knit a few other gifts.  Wish there were more hours in the day.  I would spend them walking the dog, drinking coffee, reading, cooking/baking, eating, drawing, knitting and watching a bit of netflix/movies/tv.  Though on the tv front, haven't really found anything that I really want to watch.  I like to veg out a bit when we come back from a walk, I like to watch something and knit.  Should probably read instead.

I better get cracking and start drawing.

New prints are going up in The Ellie and Ada Shop.

I sent my Aunt a Ellie and Ada Birthday card.  She liked it.  I think my two grandmothers would have gotten a kick out of the fact that I named this venture after them.

Also new discovery!  I have found out that the most loveliest hat, nice slouch, smurfy- slouch, cozy hat style. The best hat for my head is a hat that I knitted John.  It was the first hat that I knitted him.  Need to make more!  In my favourite yarn, Studio Donegal!

No comments:

Post a Comment